Disclaimer: This site contains HIV and Sexually Transmitted Disease information, which may not be appropriate for all audiences. If you are not seeking such information or may be offended by such materials, please exit this site.
Counseling, Testing, Treatment, Prevention and Education Programs
Free HIV Testing :
- Freewalk-in HIV Testing
- Monday 9 am – 12 noon
- Thursday 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Or by appointment (573)874-7356
- Testing can be anonymous or confidential
HIV Testing Questions and Answers:
- Got questions? We’ve got answers. Click here for frequently asked questions.
- Clinic for the assessment and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases every Tuesday evening from 5:00 to 7:00 PMat the Health Department
- $20 for Boone County residents; $40 for those from outside Boone County.
- Appointments during regular business hours are also available for the same low price.
Hepatitis (A,B, and C):
- A and B vaccine is available free to persons at higher risk or at low cost to the general public.
- The North Central Missouri Regional Community Advisory Group plans HIV prevention activities and prioritize the use of prevention resources.
- Speakers on HIV and STD prevention are available for youth and adults.
- Call 573-874-7356 to make an appointment or if you have questions or concerns.
- SmarterSex.org – the premier site on sexual health for college student
- Managing Contraception – Bridging the Gap Foundation
- Family Health International – multilingual information on family planning and reproductive health.
- Emergency Contraception (EC) – multilingual information from Princeton University on methods of birth control available within 120 hours after unexpected or unprotected intercourse. EC should not be seen as a routine method of contraception but it is useful in cases of sexual assault or when other methods fail.
- Back Up Your Birth Control – emergency contraception information
- Knowledge Paths – Maternal and Child Health Library – multilingual
Didn’t find what you’re looking for? Contact Us!