The Environmental Health division enforces laws that keep our surroundings safe and healthy. The Environmental Health staff also educates the public and provides the following services:
- Restaurant inspections and food handler education
- County nuisance ordinance enforcement
- Administration of county wastewater permit program
- Daycare inspections
- Lodging inspections
- Pool inspections
- Recreational water testing
- Water test kits
- Radon test kits
Need to file a Health Complaint?
- For information about the ordinances pertaining to Boone County, click here.
- For more information about the ordinances pertaining to the City of Columbia, click here.
- For more information about public health nuisances, click here.
Health Inspection Information
- Learn more about the inspections conducted in daycares.
- Learn more about the inspections conducted in tattoo establishments.
- Learn more about the inspections conducted in food establishments.
Outdoor Health Information
- Learn how to protect yourself and your family from mosquitoes.
- Keep your water safe! Learn more about our testing of recreational water.
- For more information about Onsite Wastewater (County), click here.
Food Safety and Establishment Information
- View the requirements for mobile, temporary, and new food establishments.
- Learn more information about the City Food Code, food training, and overall Food Safety.
- Report a suspected foodborne illness to the Department, click here.
Environmental Health Resources
- Additional information surrounding Environmental Health issues can be found here.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for? Contact us!