Section 10-1 Definitions.
Prior to the adoption of Ord. 18917 on 03/06/2006, Section 10-1 read as follows.
The purposes of this chapter are to:
(1) Establish a non-discriminatory local policy concerning
cable systems, open video
systems, and private communication systems that use the public rightsofway;
(2) Promote the availability of diverse, multimedia
information resources to the community;
(3) Provide for enhancing educational opportunities
throughout the community and building
a stronger community;
(4) Encourage the provision of advanced and competitive
cable or open video system
services on the widest possible basis to the businesses, institutions and residents of the city;
(5) Encourage economic development while preserving
aesthetic and other community
values and preventing proliferation of aboveground facilities; and
(6) Establish the potential for universal access to
video programming services for all
residents and businesses.