Chapter 20 PLANNING*
Section 20-41 Powers and duties--Generally.
The commission shall have the authority and duty to:
(1) Prepare and submit to the council for its adoption
a comprehensive plan for the physical
development of the city and uses of land in the city. The plan may include the general location
and character of residential, commercial, industrial and other areas, the general location,
character and extent of streets, bridges, parks, waterways and other public ways, grounds, and
spaces, together with the general location of public buildings and other public property, public
utilities, and the extent and location of any public housing or slum clearance projects.
(2) Make recommendations in connection with the execution
and detailed interpretation of
the comprehensive plan.
(3) Act as a zoning commission, in accordance with the
provisions of present or future state
zoning enabling acts.
(4) Prepare and recommend to the council rules controlling
the subdivision of land.
(5) Make recommendations regarding the approval or disapproval
of plats for land
subdivision. Such plats shall be referred to the commission before the council takes any action.
Failure of the commission to act within sixty (60) days shall be deemed an approval.
(6) Recommend from time to time legislation which may
be desirable to further the purposes
of city planning.
(7) Assume any other powers or duties as are provided
for by the charter of the city.
(Code 1964, § 19.010; Ord. No. 9958, § 1, 10-3-83; Ord. No. 16773, § 1, 2-5-01)
(16773, Amended, 02/05/2001, Prior Text)