Pay Fines Online or by Phone
Parking tickets are not issued by the Municipal Court. The court serves as a collection agency for payment of fines for parking violations. Questions about the issuance of a ticket should be directed to the issuing agency. Court personnel can direct these inquiries.
Parking ticket payments are due 15 days from issuance. Payment may be made at the following locations:
- Violations Bureau, 600 E. Broadway, 2nd floor (for receipt)
- Columbia Police Department, 6th & Walnut (no receipt)
- Cashier's Office, 701 E. Broadway (no receipt)
Payments made at the Police Department or Cashier's Office after 9:00 AM will not be credited until the next business day.
Contesting a parking ticket:
- 14-306 Contesting a parking ticket
- 14-307 Impoundment of vehicles for unpaid parking tickets
- 14-308 Hearing on eligibility for impoundment.
- 14-309 Notice of impoundment
- 14-310 Redemption of impounded vehicle
- 14-311 Hearing on impoundment.
- 14-312 Immobilization of vehicles for unpaid parking tickets
Submit a parking ticket protest
Complete the Parking Ticket Protest Form, attach the ticket or a copy of the ticket and mail to:
600 East Broadway,
Columbia, MO 65201
or fax it to: (573) 874-7531
Fines for parking ordinances most commonly violated are as follows:
- 14.281 Parked Obstructing Traffic $40
- 14.282 Parked in an Alley $15
- 14.286 Parked Blocking Driveway/Sidewalk $20
- 14.286 Yellow Zone $20
- 14.290 Parked in Fire Zone $75
- 14.324 Prohibited Parking - Designated Streets $15
- 14.353 Parked in Loading Zone $15
- 14.372 Parked Ignoring Markers $15
- 14.412 Changing from one metered spot to another in same block $10
- 14-420 Expired Meter - $10 if paid within 15 days of issuance. $25.00 after 15 days.
- 14.443 Handicap Parking $85
- 14.551 Vehicle Trespassing on Private Lot $30
- 29.30 Off Street Parking (parking in grass) $15
- All Offenses and Related