What training is required of managers in food service
- Must have achieved
successful completion of an approved manager-training
(see links below)
- A person meeting that qualification must
be in the facility at all times
- A person with a valid
manager training certificate will not need the basic
food handler card
- An exception from the manager training requirement
will be given for certain facilities with minimal
food preparation that have been rated as low risk
- If you have any questions, please call the Environmental Health Division.
What does the manager training include?
- Minimum of
six hours of training and successful completion of
an approved examination
- Only after completing and
passing the examination will persons be eligible to
meet the food manager-training requirement
- Food manager
training will be good for five years from the date
the certificate of training is issued
Who offers the training?
The Career Center
Safe Food Handlers Corporation
Lifelong Learning Consultants
Do I have to take the National or Local exam?
- The Columbia Health Department will honor both, but only the national exam will be honored in other jurisdictions
Return to the Environmental Health Division Homepage or return to the Columbia/Boone County Health Department Homepage