Thank you for your interest in employment with the City of Columbia Police Department.
Applications for the position of Police Officer are accepted at various times throughout the year. Written notification of selection process dates and
required materials will be sent to applicants who have submitted an application.
The City of Columbia is using an online application. All information submitted online will be verified.
In order to be considered for a Police Officer position with the Columbia Police
Department, please submit the following to the City of Columbia Human Resources Department via the City's job web site
- Create a City of Columbia account (employment) through City Human Resources.
- Complete online application
- Copy of college transcript verifying completion of college course work (upload transcript to online application.
- Email to City of Columbia Human Resources Department at email@example.com to obtain link to study guide for required online testing. (You must have study guide link for a minimum of two weeks prior to scheduling an appointment to take the online test.
- Make an appointment to take online police test with City Human Resources Department. (573)-874-7235.
- Passing the online test will result in the applicant moving forward in the process. Results of the test are available immediately upon completion of the test.
It is the applicant ’s responsibility to read all instructions carefully and ensure that all
documents are completed as directed and submitted to the Human Resources
Department prior to established deadlines.
DO NOT SEND APPLICATION MATERIALS TO THE COLUMBIA POLICE