Parking Meters Enforced:
- 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday Through Saturday (Effective January 1, 2015)
Parking Garages Enforced:
- 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
Parking Free to the Public:
- In metered spaces after 7:00 p.m. Daily Monday through Saturday (Effective January 1, 2015)
- In metered spaces all day Sunday (except reserved spots)
- Parking in City parking garages is free on Saturday's and Sunday's.
Parking is enforced in the downtown business district on days and within the hours listed above, except for observed municipal holidays.
Dates meters are not enforced - (2016)
- Janaury 1 - New Years Day
- January 18 - Martin Luther King Day
- May 30 - Memorial Day
- July 4 - Independence Day (observed)
- September 5 - Labor Day
- November 11 - Veterans Day
- November 24 - Thanksgiving
- December 26 - Christmas
Enforcement's most frequent violation is for individuals parking "overtime" or in the same spot for more than that spot's allocated time. One example is parking for an hour in a 24-minute meter spot. Another similar violation is feeding the meters. An example of this would be seeing the enforcement officer coming and quickly making meter payments to multiple meters not knowing if they were beyond that meter's time limit or not.