Downtown Parking Rates
On-Street Meter rates:
- 60 cents per hour downtown
- 75 cents per hour in the campus zone
Garage Meter rates:
- 50 cents per hour in the hourly spaces in the downtown garages.
- You have the option to be billed monthly, quarterly or annually for your parking permit(s).
- Parking permit fee payments are due to the City of Columbia Finance Department within 14 days of the billed invoice date. Parking tickets will be issued if payments have not been received in full.
- Parking permits will be canceled if payment has not been received in full within 21 days of the invoice date. Once a permit is canceled, it can be reissued to a customer if requested; however
a) All delinquent permit amounts must be paid and the canceled tag must be returned before a new tag is issued.
b) A parking space in a lot or garage will not be guaranteed if spaces are not available or a waiting list is in place.
- Permits must be attached to the vehicles rear-view mirror so it can easily be viewed by Parking Enforcement officers. If there are any problems in displaying the permit in this location, contact the Parking Enforcement office at 573-874-7674.
- NOTE: Permit holders parking in “hourly parking” areas is prohibited by Sec. 14-391. When parking permit area is full it is necessary to obtain other parking. You must notify the Parking Enforcement office at 573-874-7674 immediately with the location, license number and description of your vehicle.
- There is a $6.00 fee for replacement of magnetic entry cards issued to holders of permits for the Plaza Garage and Short Street Garage.
- Please lock your vehicle! The City of Columbia accepts no liability in the event of theft or vandalism; however it is requested that all occurrences be reported to the Columbia Police Department's non-emergency number at (573)442-6131. If you see the theft in progress please call 911.
- To cancel your parking permit you must return your tag.
Permits may not be co-leased or otherwise transferred to individuals not originally making the lease agreement with the City of Columbia. A lessee may allow another individual the temporary use of a permit but this shall not exceed seven calendar days without written authorization from the Public Works Transportation Manager. Application for written authorization shall be made three days prior to such extended permit sharing use.
- Passes on Columbia Transit system will be issued to all permit holders. The pass can be used for unlimited rides on the Columbia Transit system. The pass becomes invalid when the parking permit expires and is not renewed by the permit holder or issuer. For questions on Transit passes please call 573-874-7281.
Where to get Parking Permits:
701 East Broadway, 3rd floor
Hours: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday
Payments methods accepted include:
- Debit Card
- Credit Card (excluding American Express Cards)