Hear what participants say about their volunteer experiences:
Upcoming Projects for TreeKeepers Volunteers:
Please contact us or call 874-7499 if you plan to attend a project.
What is the TreeKeepers Program?
Learn more about TreeKeepers via this City Channel Video!
TreeKeepers trains volunteers in proper care and maintenance of trees.
TreeKeepers agree to donate at least 36 volunteer hours
projects are scheduled on Saturday mornings. Training
includes the following subjects, with Saturday
Not only will you gain book knowledge, but you also will receive field training and experience to reinforce what you have learned. After completion of the course, you will be provided with opportunities to put your new knowledge into action in very visible ways, making a difference in your city. Apply here to become a TreeKeepers volunteer.
TreeKeepers receive an official TreeKeepers polo shirt and a certificate when they have fulfilled 36 hours of volunteer service to tree projects.
- Complete the TreeKeepers course.
- Agree to assist the City in organized tree care
projects when available, donating at least 36 hours
of volunteer time. Projects take place on Saturday
mornings. Projects include a variety of activities including planting, pruning, mulching, invasives removal & general maintenance under supervision of the Forester.
- Use standard hand tools and equipment to plant, prune, remove, water fertilize, and mulch trees.
- Perform manual labor, including bending, stooping, digging, reaching, and lifting.
- Work cooperatively with City staff, volunteers, and general public.
- Work outdoors, often during varied weather conditions (heat, cold, rain, etc.)
November 2010 planting on MKT Trail at Bridge 13
How can I participate?
or call 874-7499.
Class size is limited to 35 people; applicants are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. To register e-mail us at volunteer@GoColumbiaMO.com.