The Animal Control division supports responsible pet ownership while helping keep animals and the public safe. Our Animal Control Officers assist the public with many services such as:
- Enforce city and county animal ordinances
- Provide Rabies and animal welfare education
- Assist with low cost or free spay and neuter options
- Investigate animal complaints
- Handle animal cruelty complaints
- Pick up sick and/or injured animals
- Free ride home for animals with microchip, City of Columbia license, or any other identification
|Learn how to get your pet Vaccinated and Licensed.|
|Need to file an Animal Control Complaint? Click here.|
|Were you or someone you know bitten by an animal?Learn more about animal bites.|
Animal Control is open 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., 7 days a week, and are closed on all City of Columbia observed holidays.
Emergency After Hours Services
An Animal Control Officer is on-call after hours, on holidays and weekends for emergencies only. The following situations are considered emergencies:
View the City of Columbia & Boone County Animal Control Ordinances.
View animals currently in our Shelter.
Lean more about Animal Control Fees.
View the Animal Control Service Areas.
Responsibilities Of Pet Owners
Pets need . . .
- Love and attention daily
- Food and water daily
- To be kept clean, brushed and groomed
- To be disciplined
- Shelter from rain, snow, cold and drafts
- To receive regular veterinary care
Didn’t find what you’re looking for? Contact us!