The Human Resources Department’s function is to coordinate the efforts of all City departments in the selection, hiring, evaluation, promotion, training, and development of a staff of dedicated and qualified personnel to serve the citizens of Columbia.
Our primary goal is maintaining a dedicated, professional staff to provide quality support services to the City and the public we serve. Major emphasis continues in the area of recruitment/retention of minorities and females. Special efforts are directed toward evaluation, training and development opportunities and employee contribution and recognition to increase retention, provide upward mobility, create high morale and reduce turnover in a competitive labor market.
From our web site you can view various employment related information, view current employment opportunities, and download employment application forms.
Various Department Employment Information
- Classification and Compensation
- City Employee Benefit Updates
- Human Resources FAQ
- Job Descriptions (INFORMATIONAL ONLY)
- FY 2015 Pay Plan
- FY2015 Pay Grid
- Employment Benefits
- Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- 2014 EEOP Short Form
- FY2014 Affirmative Action Program
- Drug Free Workplace Notice
- E-Verify – English
- E-Verify – Spanish
- Right to Work – English
- Right to Work – Spanish
- FMLA Presentation
- FMLA Video
- Human Resources Department Organizational Chart
- Human Resources Department Budget Information
- Directions to Human Resources Office